Monday, January 03, 2005

Staccato Blogging

This is just to let you know that I'll my blogging will be a bit erratic in January. It won't be light, just erratic - instead of the fairly steady stream of several posts a day it will be more staccato: lots of skipped days, lots of blogging on non-skipped days. I have a large number of things that need to be finished up this month.

Some posts to look forward to over the next several weeks (in no particular order):

* A post on A Midsummer Night's Dream

* My interpretation of Hume's Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion

* Something on seduction, temptation, and The Romance of the Rose

* I will finally start discussing free will in my series on free will

* A few posts on William Whewell: on ethics, on natural religion, perhaps on law

* Probably a few things on Malebranche's dualism, and maybe something on his adaptation of Augustine's doctrine of the Interior Teacher (and if so, I'll do something no Mary Astell's adaptation of the same doctrine)

* Maybe something on Shepherd's theory of causation

* Something from Middlemarch, which I'm currently reading

* Given that people keep appealing to it, I might post something on the Lisbon earthquake

* I want to contribute something to the discussion of the Trinity going on at FQI and the Maverick Philosopher

And who knows what else!